Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The pope apology post


Just read this on another blog, thought it was well funny! This is what the pope should have said by way of an apology

"Dear Everyone, what the fuck do I know about reason and religious tolerance?
I'm sitting on a mountain of unholy riches accrued through global conquests, and I'm still raking it in from worshippers all over the world thanks to European colonialism.
Last time we had anything serious to do with Islam, we were torturing people in the Iberian peninsula.
We failed every moral test from the Nazi holocaust to AIDS, and now we're going to fuck it up again.
Seriously, I am a total dickhead and I don't know what got into me.
Next time I will keep my big mouth shut.
Contritely Yours
The Pope."
Original post here.

That should clear up any problems and work towards a safer, more honest future!

4 comments:

The Paranoid Mod said...

And he drowns kittens. In big pots of boiling water in some attic apartment in an obscure corner of the Vatican, wearing a string vest with big rubber gloves up to his shoulders.

Or am I the only one that sees it?!

SystemAbuser said...

I see that too. He also dresses up as a tramp and abuses children. Or was that someone else?

The Paranoid Mod said...

Why do priests wear robes?
...to cover up the children they're currently abusing.

Not so much a joke as something I just thought of. Not a joke at all, really.

The Paranoid Mod said...

I don't get all this apology behaviour. So what if Blair apologises for the British Empire, or Dubya apologises for slavery. It still happened, and all the people that did it are dead. So who cares?

It's political correctness gone mad. (Takes sip of gin, genuflects towards picture of Norman Tebbit above the sofa).