Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Howard Zinn post

'They gave their lives for their country.'

They didn't give their lives, their lives where taken from them.

They didn't die for their country, they died for their government.

They will die for Blair, Bush and Cheney, Halliburton. Who ever profits from war.

The poor go to war for the benefit of the rich.

Howard Zinn
Howard was involved with the first use of Napalm in war;
Near the end of WW2 he was part of a squad who bombed a small town in France with Napalm, killing German soldiers who were waiting for the war to end and French civilians too.
This changed his ideas on war forever.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I think I just left an empty comments box, if not, I'm going to be repeating myself (nothing new there). So where was I...love this blogg site, very interesting, just downloaded fip into my itunes, thanks for that!Much appreciated, can't get it on the radio in Kemptown.
Sam(antha).

SystemAbuser said...

Hey Sam, thanks for the comment! Yay! someone read my blog who i dont know....
Garee
x